Typically, the preferred method of contact a patient has with their dentist is via phone. Having someone to answer phone calls in a professional and friendly manner—no matter what time it is—is extremely important. It used to be extremely difficult to have someone answer the phone 24 hours a day and employing an after hours receptionist can be extremely expensive. You need a call answering service.
However, now there are effective medical answering services that physician’s offices and hospitals can take advantage of. These services are also great for dental offices. These dental and medical answering services are staffed with friendly, professional people who are basically your “virtual receptionists.” With our answering services here at TeleMed, you can rest assured knowing that your patients will always be taken care of.
Did you know that one in every three dental emergencies occurs between the hours of 5pm and 10pm; this is likely after your receptionist has left for the day. Here are a few more of the benefits of a dental answering service:
- Your dental office can use our answering service as an overflow receptionist during the busiest times of the day, as well as extend the hours to 24 hours a day, so that patient calls will always be answered.
- We can set or update appointments 24 hours a day, so even if your staff sets appointments during business hours, we can increase the number of hours appointments can be set or changed which:
- Increases the number of appointments
- Makes office staff more efficient because they don’t start their day playing phone tag with people that left messages about appointments
- Decreases the no show rate
- The people who are answering phone calls are all trained to specifically answer the phone for a dental office, and they will know exactly how to proceed and route or forward the call if necessary.
- Your patients will feel better knowing that there is always someone on the other end of the line to actually listen to them. Nothing is more frustrating than calling your dentist’s office during a dental emergency and getting an automated message.
- We also offer services such as online message access and call forwarding.
These are some of the reasons many physicians are now taking advantage of the TeleMed dental answering services. If you are interested in a dental answering service, have a look at our website, for additional information.